Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Forest Falls




 


 


 
 

 
 
About 1.5 hours from my parents' house is the San Bernardino Mountains.  I can remember taking day trips there when I was 4 or 5 years old.  We always went to this great (and only) restaurant in this small town called Forest Falls.  Then it was just a short hike to see some dramatic water falls.  I was determined to share this with my girls so we trekked out there last weekend. Oh.My.Gosh.  It's exactly how I remember it, restaurant and all.  The girls had so, so much fun, it was a beautiful Fall day and I enjoyed sharing it with them and Anthony.  It is a pretty simple hike but they had so much fun navigating the trails, rocks and streams.  There was even a touch of snow at the base of the mountain so the girls, of course, made a snowman and frolicked in the "slush".  All in all, it was an amazing and an exhausting day (per the last picture :). 
 

No comments: